Among the billion other things I seem to be doing at the moment, I’ve invested some time into installing DSEE 6.2 on my ubuntu (feisty) laptop rather than setting up a vmware image of a supported Linux platform. “6.2”, I hear you say, “hasn’t even been released, yet.” You’re right, but rest assured it will 😉 Also, the stuff I’ve found may well help a 6.1 install, as well. I haven’t tested that, though.
How to do it? Follow these easy steps:
- Download the zip installer from the http://www.sun.com/downloads site once 6.2 becomes available, or try with 6.1.
- Install in the documented way. The installation will fail to register the JES mgmt. framework. Apparently there is a problem with <dsee-install-dir>/dsee6/cacao_2/configure . Instead of fixing that, it is very easy to do the following.
- Go to <dsee-install-dir>/dsee6/cacao_2/cacao and do this (feel free to use other ports):
dsee6/cacao_2/cacao$ bin/cacaoadm set-param jmxmp-connector-port=11162
dsee6/cacao_2/cacao$ bin/cacaoadm set-param snmp-adaptor-port=11160
dsee6/cacao_2/cacao$ bin/cacaoadm set-param snmp-adaptor-trap-port=11161
dsee6/cacao_2/cacao$ bin/cacaoadm set-param commandstream-adaptor-port=11163
dsee6/cacao_2/cacao$ bin/cacaoadm set-param rmi-registry-port=11164
dsee6/cacao_2/cacao$ bin/cacaoadm set-param secure-webserver-port=11165
dsee6/cacao_2/cacao$ bin/cacaoadm start
- Then go to <dsee-install-dir>/dscc and do:
- Deploy the dscc war file found under <dsee-install-dir>/var/dscc6/dscc.war to the app server of your choice.
- This would allow you to start the dscc web console and do anything that does not need cacao (yummy). To e. g. install a new instance, you also need to give suexec the right permissions:
$ sudo chown root.root /dsee6/cacao_2/cacao/private/bin/suexec
$ sudo chmod u+s /dsee6/cacao_2/cacao/private/bin/suexec
That’s it, you’re ready to go.